The Résolu Cellars team executes the entire winemaking process from harvest to fully bottled. Our long-term relationships with vineyard owners grants us input into the growing process and we either pick our own grapes or are onsite at picking. We then carefully complete the entire winemaking process to bring you the highest quality, most enjoyable wines. Our Red Wines are aged 20-22 months in a mix of new, 1-2 year old and neutral oak barrels. Predominantly French Oak, but also some American (Minnesota, Missouri, Oregon, Pennsylvania) and Hungarian Oak Barrels. Wines are kept separate as single vineyard, single varietals until blending decisions are made three to five months prior to bottling. Blends are made and returned to barrel for minimum three months for the highest quality results.
Willamette Valley White Wines
- 2018 Chehalem Mountains Viognier ($22) – Aromas of honeydew melon, papaya and pineapple. Full fruit in the mid palate, a tiny amount of residual sugar to balance the acidity. Grapefruit flavor and bite on the finish leaves your palate refreshed and cleansed. Perfect refreshing wine for the summer patio.
Willamette Valley Rosé Wines
- 2017 Dundee Hills Rosé of Pinot Noir ($24) – Sparkling pink color with hues of crimson and orange. Wild strawberry, floral, dried pineapple, hints of clover honey on the nose. Skin tannins and definite Pinot characteristics. Lingering finish with pleasant acidity.
Oregon Pinot Noir
- 2015 Chehalem Mountains Pinot Noir ($34) – Beautiful color in the glass, deep crimson. Beautiful like the meticulously tended vines at the source – Tressler Vineyard. Classic Pinot Noir nose, hints of rose petal, clove, cinnamon and nutmeg even some fresh cracked peppercorn. Nice mouthfeel, full -bodied, flavors of red currant, caramelized fruit compote and some oak. Back palate and finish; touch of tannins and correct acid reminding you it is Pinot Noir.
- 2016 Chehalem Mountains Pinot Noir ($36) –Opens with bright fruit notes, fresh tart cherry and green apple. Subtle oak nose and flavors from two years in a new French Oak Lerois -‘The King’- barrel. Bold on the tongue, spice of pepper, clove, and nutmeg. Generous mouthfeel, berry notes, including some currant. Elegant tannin structure and lush finish leaves your mouth feeling refreshed.
Italian Varietals & Blends
- 2016 Columbia Valley Sangiovese ($34) – Dried cherries, plum greets your nose with a hint of nutmeg and clove spice. Deep fruit, blackberry, some rhubarb on the palate. Medium body with Sangiovese acidity and moderate tannins on the finish.
- 2016 Columbia Valley Vino Barbitivo ($42)
75% Barbera, 25% Primitivo; Dark fruits-cherry, blackberry on the nose followed by vanilla and sandalwood. Big mouthfeel with fresh plum and spices, on the palate.
- 2016 Columbia Valley Malbec ($36) – The inviting nose of dark cherries, overripe berries matches the deep color in the glass. Rich feeling in the mouth, fruit from dark berries and ripe fruit. Ripe plum, jammy, balanced tannin and lingering finish.
- 2016 Columbia Valley Cabernet Franc ($38) – Captivating complexity in the aromas; green pepper, rose petal, alcohol and berry notes. Strawberries, plums, characteristic vegetal notes on the tongue. Nice mouthfeel with soft tannins and smooth finish. A brightness remains behind. Well balanced and dangerously easy to drink.
- 2016 Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($38) – Aromas of cherries, raspberry jam, plum entice your nose to linger. Fruity mid-palate and big mouthfeel. Cocoa and vanilla from new American Oak (33%). Positive tannins on the finish. Pairs well with chocolates, even Mexican Mole.
Signature Bordeaux-style Blend
- 2015 Columbia Valley ‘Triomphe’ ($48) – Our flagship Bordeaux style blend. This year is 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Cabernet Franc, 14% Petit Verdot, 20% Malbec, 3% Merlot. Rich dark crimson color. Smoked paprika, strong aromas of black fruits, wood, cedar or sandalwood. Mouthfeel, full fruit, definite layers from the blend. Best quote; “well rounded, hits on all cylinders start to finish.”
- 2014 Columbia Valley ‘Triomphe’ ($48) – Our flagship Bordeaux style blend. This vintage is comprised of 11% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Cabernet Franc, 19% Petit Verdot, 23% Malbec and 15% Merlot. Beautiful rich color, dried berries and ripe fruit on the nose with pleasing vanilla from the oak. Very fruity mid-palate and a long lingering finish of mild tannin and pleasant acidity.
- 2013 Columbia Valley ‘Triomphe’ ($48) – Luscious, sophisticated blend of Bordeaux varietals. Dark purple color illuminated in crystal brilliance. Aroma of extra dark chocolate almost burnt toffee, poblano pepper component from the Cabernet Franc. Taste flavors of black cherry, black currants, dried fruit and long with vanilla and anise. This wine will age gracefully for many years in your cellar.
HOW TO BUY: Contact Scott directly – Scott@NWWineWorks.com or 503.482.VINO. Today we are selling direct to consumers in Oregon only. Contact Scott for the latest regarding our shipping capability.